Real Estate Law / Leases
“Buy land. They ain't making any more of the stuff.”
Will Rogers, American entertainer (1879-1935)
The Firm's real estate practice includes the representation of business owners, individual entrepreneurs, real estate companies, nonprofit organizations and financial institutions, in transactions involving the acquisition, disposition, development, financing and leasing of, and investments in, real estate projects in New Jersey, New York and throughout the United States.
We have significant experience in structuring and negotiating many types of real estate transactions. These transactions range from traditional commercial projects (such as office buildings and shopping centers), to residential projects (such as apartments and senior housing and care facilities). What follows is a description of our practice in the following types of real estate transactions:
- Acquisitions and Dispositions (Site Selection, negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, disposition of retail store divisions, and due diligence)
- Development Transactions (including Construction Contracts, Architect's Agreements)
- Finance (including loan workouts and enforcement proceedings, commercial and residential mortgage review)
- Joint Ventures and Investment Funds
- Land Use (Appearance before government agencies and boards to obtain approvals for site plans, subdivisions, variances)
- Leases (Practice in office and retail space leasing representing both landlords and tenants)
- Sale and Lease-backs
Many transactions that we handle are complex and present a variety of challenges, and we work closely with other attorneys specializing in corporate, tax, bankruptcy and environmental law and litigation to address all of the client's needs for a particular transaction.