Samuel C Berger, a professional corporation, (“Samuel C. Berger, PC”) practicing New Jersey and New York law focusing on Business & Commercial Matters, Immigration Law, Real Estate Transactions, and Estate & Taxation Cases. Located in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, near the Bergen County Courthouse in Hackensack and on Broadway in Manhattan, New York City, NY we have been serving the legal needs of individuals and business clients for over ten years. Throughout the years, Samuel C. Berger, PC zealously advocated, defended and negotiated for and on behalf of hundreds of clients in thousands of matters.
- United States Citizenship, Part 2: Lawsuit Looks at Meaning of "Citizenship" for People Born in One U.S. Territory An ongoing court battle illustrates the complex definition of "citizenship" in the United States. The general understanding of U.S. citizenship is
- United States Citizenship, Part 1: More Complicated than It Appears The Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution defines a "citizen" as anyone "born or naturalized in the United States." The U.S. did not have a
- New York City Launches Municipal ID Program, Which Allows Many Immigrants to Obtain Identification New York City introduced an identification program for residents of the five boroughs, known as IDNYC, in January 2015, calling it "the country's most
- Reality TV Star's Tanning Business in Monmouth County Evicted for Non-Payment of Rent The closure of a tanning salon in Middletown Township might not normally make the news, but the Boca Tanning Club in Middletown Plaza was not a normal
- Early Termination of New Jersey Commercial Leases and Rent Acceleration Clauses Parties enter into commercial leases with the hope and expectation of the completion of the lease term, in full, without problems. Constructing a
- What to Expect When You Appear in Landlord/Tenant Court A famous football coach once remarked that the "will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital." While he may have been discussing
In our Business and Commercial Law Department we handle the day-to-day legal issues of small to medium business owners and their employees from the entity start-up to exit (formation, sale, transfer or dissolution) stages of their businesses. They include lawsuits, drafting and negotiation of all kinds of business and employment agreements, counseling and advising clients in business planning and regulatory compliance.
In the Immigration Law Department of Samuel C. Berger, PC, we work with various U.S. government agencies and U.S. consulates over the world to obtain family, employment or investment based immigrant (green cards) & nonimmigrant visas including but not limited to E, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P categories for our clients located anywhere in the U.S. or the world. We also help our clients resolve their immigration related disputes in Federal, Immigration and Appeals courts.
In the Real Estate Law Department, we work with our clients and other relevant parties such as attorneys, brokers, mortgage lenders, insurers & contractors in order to buy, sell, refinance or lease our clients' residential or commercial real property. In addition to closings, we draft, review and revise extensive Commercial Lease documents and help resolve landlord tenant disputes.
In Estates, Trusts and Tax Law Department of Samuel C. Berger, PC, we help devise the most appropriate succession or estate planning strategies for our clients and draft their wills, powers of attorney, healthcare proxies and other relevant estate and trust documents. We have the expertise and experience to handle all facets of U.S. Individual, Partnership, LLC and Corporate Taxation including tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) and state taxation authorities involving U.S. Citizens and foreign nationals living in the United States or abroad.
Our effective case handling system and state of the art technology coupled with our extensive business and legal experience provides us to consistently offer our clients surprisingly low and affordable fixed fees. Call us now for a free phone consultation with a real attorney or type your legal matter question in the “Ask Now” box on the upper right side of this page.