Samuel C Berger, a professional corporation, (“Samuel C. Berger, PC”) practicing New Jersey and New York law focusing on Business & Commercial Matters, Immigration Law, Real Estate Transactions, and Estate & Taxation Cases. Located in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, near the Bergen County Courthouse in Hackensack and on Broadway in Manhattan, New York City, NY we have been serving the legal needs of individuals and business clients for over ten years. Throughout the years, Samuel C. Berger, PC zealously advocated, defended and negotiated for and on behalf of hundreds of clients in thousands of matters.
- Government, H-1B Temporary Work Visa Holders Fight Against Unlawful Practices by Employers The H-1B program is no stranger to controversy, but a recent report by NBC Bay Area and The Center for Investigative Reporting (CIR), based on a
- Executive Actions on Immigration Part 2: Authority and Opposition President Obama's executive actions (EAs) on immigration, announced on November 20, 2014, offer relief to millions of undocumented immigrants who have
- Executive Actions on Immigration Part 1: The Context and the Benefits President Obama announced a wide range of executive actions (EAs) on immigration in late November, including an expansion of the Deferred Action for
- What to Expect When You Appear in Landlord/Tenant Court A famous football coach once remarked that the "will to win is important, but the will to prepare is vital." While he may have been discussing
- 'Including But Not Limited To' Language Key to Deciding Validity of Commercial Property Appraisal Lease agreements, like many contracts, involve many "moving pieces" across numerous paragraphs. Even the most seemingly benign phrases may hold the
- When the Landlord/Tenant Court Isn't the Correct Place to Hear a Commercial Landlord-Tenant Dispute New Jersey law has very specific procedures to deal with landlord-tenant disagreements, including a special subset of Superior Courts -- the
In our Business and Commercial Law Department we handle the day-to-day legal issues of small to medium business owners and their employees from the entity start-up to exit (formation, sale, transfer or dissolution) stages of their businesses. They include lawsuits, drafting and negotiation of all kinds of business and employment agreements, counseling and advising clients in business planning and regulatory compliance.
In the Immigration Law Department of Samuel C. Berger, PC, we work with various U.S. government agencies and U.S. consulates over the world to obtain family, employment or investment based immigrant (green cards) & nonimmigrant visas including but not limited to E, H, I, J, K, L, M, O, P categories for our clients located anywhere in the U.S. or the world. We also help our clients resolve their immigration related disputes in Federal, Immigration and Appeals courts.
In the Real Estate Law Department, we work with our clients and other relevant parties such as attorneys, brokers, mortgage lenders, insurers & contractors in order to buy, sell, refinance or lease our clients' residential or commercial real property. In addition to closings, we draft, review and revise extensive Commercial Lease documents and help resolve landlord tenant disputes.
In Estates, Trusts and Tax Law Department of Samuel C. Berger, PC, we help devise the most appropriate succession or estate planning strategies for our clients and draft their wills, powers of attorney, healthcare proxies and other relevant estate and trust documents. We have the expertise and experience to handle all facets of U.S. Individual, Partnership, LLC and Corporate Taxation including tax controversies with the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) and state taxation authorities involving U.S. Citizens and foreign nationals living in the United States or abroad.
Our effective case handling system and state of the art technology coupled with our extensive business and legal experience provides us to consistently offer our clients surprisingly low and affordable fixed fees. Call us now for a free phone consultation with a real attorney or type your legal matter question in the “Ask Now” box on the upper right side of this page.